Why Unlock Your Mobile?
When you take out a contract with a network carrier (i.e. O2), you get a shiny, new phone but what happens when the contract ends? You get to keep the phone but it is still locked to the network carrier you took the contract out with. Make it yours by unlocking it.
Here are some reasons to unlock your phone:
• Your contract has ended and you want to move provider.
• A bad experience with your current network provider.
• Price hikes.
• Other networks have better coverage in your area. (Check coverage here for EE, O2, Vodafone, Three, BT Mobile, Asda Mobile, Tesco).
• You got a good deal on a new phone but it is locked to a network.
So, What’s The Process?
One way we unlock phones is by submitting the IMEI (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) number of your phone to our unlocking service. An IMEI number is like a car registration plate, it is a unique identifier. We submit the manufacturer, model and IMEI of your phone and wait for the network provider to let us know when the unlock is successful.
This is how we unlock Apple iPhones. Some phone shops use software to unlock older Apple iPhones quickly, usually a one-hour service, but this is not permanent factory unlocking.
The main benefits of a permanent IMEI unlock are:
• It will be officially registered as unlocked in Apple’s database
• It works with any iPhone
• The iPhone can’t be locked again, even if you update your phone in iTunes
• It will not void your iPhone warranty
• No jailbreaking is required
If your phone is a Samsung, we have a special unlocking box that we connect your phone to and it unlocks it.